What is ArchServer?
ArchServer is a respin of Arch Linux, designed to be more suitable for servers.
What ArchServer is NOT
ArchServer is NOT:
- a stable version of Arch Linux for desktop use.
- released yet.
- a system administrator. While it is aimed for server use, and may include some features to make life easier for system administrators, it will not do your job for you.
- a pencil sharpener. Please refrain from inserting pencils into ArchServer.
Differences between ArchServer and Arch Linux
- ArchServer will have specific releases, rather than using the rolling-release model that Arch Linux uses.
- ArchServer has a stronger focus on stability and security, rather than always having bleeding-edge software like Arch Linux.
Similarities between ArchServer and Arch Linux
- Both systems use pacman for package management.
- Both systems utilize the BSD-style rc init system.